Community Engagement Manager (Future Opportunities)
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 5062
Location: Birmingham / London / Mobile
Skillset: Community Engagement
Closing Date: 31/05/17
Through the course of 2017 and 2018 HS2 will be hiring Community Engagement Managers with opportunities in Birmingham, London and along the route of line. Please note these are not active vacancies, however it is a means for you to register your interest in working with us in the near future.
As Community Engagement Manager at HS2, you will design and lead the planning and delivery of HS2 engagement activities for a specific section of the route. Manage, deliver and evaluate engagement activities, including all related communication materials and relationships with key stakeholders and communities. Ensure the project is proactively interacting with the communities affected by the HS2 programme.
About the role:
- To act as the front face of the organisation, developing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders such as, Local Authorities, MPs and local representative groups and individuals within communities.
- To develop and maintain an overview of the communities along the route, identifying their key issues.
- To develop effective working relationships with contractors’ ensuring they understand HS2’s commitments, behaviour expectations, and metrics.
- To work closely with the Helpdesk, providing regular updates on construction works taking place across the route.
- To participate in the overall development and communication of HS2’s Community Engagement Strategy.
- To work as part of the on-call engagement team during out of office hours. including deputising for the senior engagement officer where required.
- To promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and ensure community engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- Experience of delivering effective community engagement initiatives.
- Experience of working with diverse communities.
- Experience of managing public events and communications.
- Experience of providing advice & support to decision makers.
- Experience of dealing with local or national media during public consultation.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.