Future Talent Coordinator
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 36611
Skillset: Human Resources
Closing Date: 25/07/18
As a Talent Coordinator at HS2 you will support the Talent Team in administering the talent programmes including the graduate, apprentice and work placement programmes.
About the role:
- Provide pastoral care for the graduates, apprentices and work placement interns/candidates, including advice and guidance on personal issues, day-to-day challenges, performance issues and development needs
- Work closely with the directorates to manage the day to day running of the graduate, apprentice and work placement programmes within HS2
- Keep data and records up to date for the different programmes and prepare appropriate MI and reports for leadership in HR and in wider HS2
- Monitor take up and effectiveness of the future talent programmes working with Data and MI and other relevant stakeholders
- Co-ordinate networking events for the different Future Talent programmes
- Keep abreast of industry changes in youth education and skill development to inform HS2’s internal future talent programmes
- Champion future talent programmes across HS2
- Provide tools, templates and guidelines to the business to maximise learning and benefit from the future talent programme for the learners and the business
- Support the Talent Specialist – Future Talent to continuously improve the design and structure of the graduate, apprentice and work placement programmes in HS2 including rotations
- Cohort management skills – including the ability to coordinate multiple future talent activities
- Communication skills – including briefs, reports, presentations an communication logistics for future talent activities
- Organisation and prioritisation skills – including managing multiple work-streams to time and quality requirements
- Problem-solving skills – including identifying process improvements
- Coaching skills – to assist future talent programme participants to fully engage with programme activities
- Knowledge of future talent programmes such as apprenticeships and graduate programmes
- Knowledge of best practice work placement and internships
- Experience in talent management and development – graduate, apprentice and work placement
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.