Organisational Design Manager
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Skillset: Human Resources
Closing Date: 25/07/18
As an Organisation Design Manager you will report directly to the Head of OD and Capability. The purpose of this position is to act as subject matter expert for all aspects of organisational design and delivering change across HS2. The role holder works closely with the Head of OD and Capability to ensure HS2’s target operating model is implemented to provide an agile, performance driven and effective organisation that is able to meet the challenging targets and timelines of the programme.
About the role:
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide specialist support for organisation design to implement the target operating model across HS2.
- Develop and maintain design principles for organisation design that are agreed with the Executive, ensuring team structures, accountabilities, responsibilities, skills and resources are aligned to the strategic direction of the business and EDI principles.
- Maintain organisation design within the agreed design principles and any other associated metrics.
- Manage & implement organisational development and design projects end to end, evaluating progress and building learning into processes.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and embedding of business change and culture.
- Remain up-to-date with best practice methodologies and insights and using these to develop and maintain organisation design tools and processes for use across the business.
- Develop capability in the HR team in organisation design and business change management so that HR are able to identify issues or opportunities to support organisational change and have the initial dialogue in the business on requirements and scope.
- Work with HR Operations to bring organisation design and change expertise to business change programmes.
- Work with HR to assess business readiness for change and change impact, and develop change plans to support the effective delivery of business change. This may include impact on people, organisation, process, technology and ways of working. Change activities are likely to include communications, management briefings, learning and development interventions, and other support materials.
- Work to develop and support annual cycles for divisional delivery of engagement and organisation design activities (i.e. Engagement survey and subsequent activities)
- Support with the administration and continuous improvement of the performance management programme.
- Analysis skills – including analyse capability assessments and the effectiveness of change processes
- Coaching and Facilitation – including the ability to coach leaders on aspects of organisational design
- Organisation and Prioritisation skills – including managing multiple work-streams and competing priorities
- Creativity and innovation skills – including the ability to devise creative approaches to meet business needs
- Project management skills – including the ability to plan, communicate and manage OD projects to time, quality and cost requirements
- Knowledge of behavioural frameworks, competency frameworks, engagement frameworks and survey tools
- Knowledge of change management models and approaches
- Experience of transformational and/or organisational change management
- Experience of managing Organisational Design and Development interventions across organisations
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.