Learning and Development Manager
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 36602
Skillset: Human Resources
Closing Date: 25/07/18
As L&D Manager at HS2 you will be responsible for the design and delivery of learning and development (L&D) strategy and programme to enable a robust HS2 workforce that has the relevant skills and experience to deliver on HS2’s strategic and operational objectives and plans. The role is also responsible to ensure that the L&D offer builds the capability in the organisation to meet future skill needs.
About the role:
- Work with the Head of Organisational Development and Capability, Heads of HR and key stakeholders in the business to understand the business’s learning and development needs in order to recommend a robust learning and development strategy and learning programme (including the core learning offer and additional programmes). The core learning offer is a mix of mandatory, compliance and additional business relevant training and development.
- Manage the design and delivery of the core learning offer and additional learning and development programs for all grades and job families in HS2 including managing external supplier delivery
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning and development offerings in terms of meeting learning objectives set out by the business, and to inform continuous improvement
- Work with the Talent Manager to identify and link the learning and development agenda of the organisation to the talent agenda of the Company. Includes alignment with the talent strategy and plans and development associated with the succession plans
- Ensures that the talent management and the learning and development offerings are integrated with respect to helping define learning programmes across different job families and grades
- Responsible for working with the Talent Manger to develop targeted leadership development and line management capability development programmes
- Define the learning and development needs of the organisation and devise cost-effective and innovative delivery solutions including procuring identified solutions
- Work with the Head of EDI to create and maintain learning interventions that are accessible and support the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Work closely with the HRSS, MI, Data and Systems, and SEE teams to collect and coordinate data to derive insights on the learning and development agenda of HS2
- Keep up to date in latest thinking in blended learning solutions and technology to identify how to bring this knowledge to improve the HS2 L&D offer
- Reporting skills -Ability to report and analyse effectiveness of strategic L&D interventions
- Planning and analysis skills – including creating, delivering and quality assuring training needs analysis
- Portfolio management – including the ability to work programmatically to manage a broad portfolio of L&D activities
- Communication Skills – including briefs, reports and presentations
- Content Development – including the ability to develop content for L&D interventions
- Problem solving and continuous improvement skills – including identify gaps and/or inefficiencies in work processes and develop solutions to improve them
- Knowledge of best practice L&D interventions including blended learning, accessible resources and current innovations
- Knowledge of learning styles
- Experience in developing and implementing learning and development programmes
- Experience in integrating and collating information from disparate sources
- Experience of developing L&D plans based on training needs analysis and management information and trends
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.