Learning and Development Specialist
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 36572
Skillset: Human Resources
As a Learning and Development Specialist at HS2 you will work with the Learning and Development Manager to design and deliver business relevant and engaging learning and development programmes and solutions that address the needs of the business. The individual should be passionate about learning, personal growth and development, up to date with key digital and industry trends, and bring with them the desire and knowledge to deliver the right learning offer and solutions to the business.
About the role:
- Design, commission and deliver the core learning offer – from mandatory training through to ELT/SLT development – both internally and with suppliers
- Co-ordinate the delivery of learning programmes and solutions utilising both internal and external resources
- Collect, analyse and maintain data to inform learning and development needs analysis including take up and satisfaction from the learning and development programmes and solutions offered
- Project manage specific learning and development projects to meet agreed organisation and/ or Directorate needs
- Work with the Learning and Development Manager to build line manager capability throughout the organisation with specific L&D interventions aimed at improving people management, team culture and effectiveness within HS2.
- Support the Learning and Development Manager in creating and delivering leadership programmes for SLT and ELT
- Contribute to the development of the broader learning and development strategy to meet evolving business needs
- Work with the MI and Data Analysts to maintain effective recording and reporting systems and processes for tracking, monitoring and evaluation of employee learning and development
- Keep up to date in latest thinking in blended learning solutions and use of technology and identify how to bring this knowledge to improve the HS2 L&D offer
- Planning and analysis skills – including delivering training needs analysis planning training interventions
- Portfolio management – including the ability to work programmatically to manage a broad portfolio of L&D activities
- Facilitation Skills – including the ability to deliver workshops and other L&D interventions
- Content Development – including the ability to develop content for L&D interventions
- Experience of designing and delivering a wide range of learning and development solutions across a range of methodologies
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including third party suppliers
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.