Employee Relations, Industrial Relations Advisor
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 36572
Skillset: Human Resources
Closing Date: 25/07/18
As an Employee Relations, Industrial Relations Specialist at HS2 you will work with the Learning and Development Manager to design and deliver business relevant and engaging learning and development programmes and solutions that address the needs of the business. The will be passionate about learning, personal growth and development, up to date with key digital and industry trends, and bring with you the desire and knowledge to deliver the right learning offer and solutions to the business.
About the role:
- Provides advice and guidance to line managers on defining and delivering cultural initiatives to embed trust, respect and fairness into everyday practice
- Develop relevant ER documentation, ensuring all contractual/legal documents and templates are kept up to date and in line with current legislation.
- Develop comprehensive guidance to HR colleagues and managers on ER issues
- Support and coach HR colleagues and managers in understanding and complying with ER policies and practices
- Give accurate and appropriate advice, training and support to managers to recognise, respect and enable the flourishing of individual differences
- Track employee relations plans against agreed metrics, recommending areas for improvement.
- Provide specialist advice and instruction to managers who are leading the resolution of ER issues
- Provide accurate and timely information and support to colleagues who are leading negotiations.
- Support individuals and managers to create clear, realistic and measurable objectives to link to reward and performance management approaches
- Advise managers and individuals on performance management policy.
- Ability to advise employees and line managers on HR policies and procedures in a commercially focussed/outsourced, customer facing environment across different sites
- To support the development and implementation of HR polices and processes
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of cases at the same time.
- Ability to manage processes - including managing ER cases, including discipline, absence, grievance and performance.
- CIPD qualified or studying towards a level 5 diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent.
- Relevant current local employment law and discrimination law. Knows what the organisation needs to do to mitigate risk.
- Understands the role of legislation in progressing issues of diversity.
- Communicating information regarding employee relations policies and procedures.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.