Engagement Manager- Phase2b
Job Reference: 36421
Skillset: Communications & Public Relations
Closing Date: 22/08/18
As an Engagement Manager at HS2, you will develop and deliver the plan for engaging with the affected communities and their representatives in the Phase 2b network of routes and creates strong stakeholder relationships in order to achieve organisational objectives
About the role:
- Develop and implement regional and local plans for community engagement to ensure there is public awareness of: the project; its benefits and local impacts; the support HS2 Ltd provides to affected communities; and how they can get involved in the development of the railway.
- Engage with local representative groups to identify appropriate channels for engagement, particularly with those who are vulnerable or require additional support.
- Maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships, apprising Ministers and senior HS2 employees and civil servants of progress.
- Work with community stakeholders and local representatives to minimise objections to the Hybrid bill.
- Through engagement, gather relevant information to ensure the organisation understands how the proposals impact on local communities.
- Represent HS2 in the regions, including with local elected representatives and business groups, and act as the HS2 spokesperson in local and regional media.
- Ensure all engagement is recorded in line with organisational policies.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed to promote knowledge and understanding of community views and concerns within the organisation.
- Demonstrable track record of using strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including local communities, business representatives, and elected representatives.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organisation, and with the full range of external stakeholders.
- Experience of community engagement in local government, major public sector infrastructure or
Environmentally based projects would be desirable.
- Experience in a public-facing role, including time in a challenging and complex environment and a demonstrable track record of working with local communities and/or their representatives.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver a local engagement strategy.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.