Contract Manager FTC to March 2019
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 36155
Skillset: Commercial Management
Closing Date: 25/06/2018
As a Contract Manager at HS2 you will provide contract management across HS2 Ltd’s corporate contracts portfolio. HS2 have a growing portfolio of contracts, including both standard government forms and NEC3 contracts.
About the role:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate contracts up to a combined value of £60M.
- Manage the progress of change requests through the company’s governance structure, systems, processes and in association with other HS2 functions;
- Proactively monitors and mitigates risks associated with their contract portfolio
- Liaise with stakeholders with respect to the progress, spend and performance reporting of contracts, imposing and monitoring performance plans and Early Warnings where applicable
- Managing formal disputes
- Undertake compliance checks against contracts
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract
- Produce and work against contract management plans for each contract
- Monitor contract performance and administer service credits and warranty payments where applicable
- Manage the workload of an Assistant Contract Manager
- Review financial standing of suppliers on an ongoing basis, and manage any resulting actions.
- Experience of corporate contract management
- Ability to lead stakeholders through contract change request processes
- Ability to manage contract risk and strong understanding of different forms of contract and risk allocation
- Knowledge of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
- Knowledge of contract types, contract management processes and contract performance reporting methodologies
- Working knowledge of procurement lifecycles and stages
- Experience monitoring performance and compliance of suppliers and contracts
- Experience with a good range of programmes and software (Excel, SAP, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project, CEMAR)
- Experience of managing a team including Assistant Contract Managers or Contract Administrators
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.