2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 35842
Skillset: Counter Fraud
Closing Date: 31/05/2018
As a Fraud Investigator at HS2, you will undertake investigations into an allocated caseload, provide fraud awareness training and to undertake fraud risk assessments with the aim of maximising investigation success and to both prevent and to minimise HS2’s losses from fraud, bribery and corruption.
About the role:
- Managing an allocated caseload of investigations relating to whistle-blower concerns, suspected fraud, instances of suspected staff malfeasance and ethical breaches.
- Investigating all cases efficiently using a variety of investigation techniques in accordance with legislation and HS2’s investigation standards.
- Production of investigation reports and evidential material to appropriate standards for use by senior management (where applicable). As well as giving evidence at court, tribunal and / or disciplinary proceedings.
- Collaborate with other investigatory compliance, audit and law enforcement bodies, both internally and externally.
- Work jointly with HR to support and conduct proportionate and responsible misconduct investigations.
- To assist the Counter Fraud function in utilising data analytics to pro-actively search for instances of fraud, bribery and corruption.
- Design and maintain the reporting of the outcome based metrics of the function
- Assist the Head of Counter Fraud and Business Ethics in building the Counter Fraud and Business Ethics function.
- To work with and support the Head of Counter Fraud and Business Ethics to Deliver training on fraud awareness to HS2 staff and contractors/delivery partners
- Conduct regular fraud risk assessments on all business activitie
- Strong and proven ability of conducting complex fraud investigations, in particular relating to procurement and contract fraud.
- Ability to work with all levels to manage conflicts and conduct difficult discussions/ interviews and close matters in a timely manner.
- Proven exposure to undertaking multiple investigations contemporaneously which are running at different speeds and in an ever changing environment.
- Significant experience of the detection and investigation of complex fraud investigations involving procurement/contract fraud
- Strong written skills, enabling succinct investigation reports to be produced with minimal amendment.
- Experience of giving evidence at Crown Courts, tribunals and disciplinary hearings.
- An appreciation of property/land fraud risks and mitigate.
- Professional accreditation in a fraud discipline e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Professional Investigations Programme - Level 2 (PIP), Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS – Expert)
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.