2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 35681
Skillset: Project Controls – Planning, Cost, Change, Risk
Closing Date: 22/05/2018
As a Compliance Auditor at HS2 you will provide level 2 assurance through compliance and contract audits and support the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
About the role:
- Act as the lead auditor with responsibility for the management of individual audits with a view to identification of risks accurately and the suggestions of improvements.
- Develop individual audit plans and detailed scope to cover identified risk areas for activities to be audited.
- Work with subject matter expertise and assurance providers to develop targeted audit scope that focuses on key risks and provides the appropriate level of audit assurance.
- Report on audit findings to the Audit Manager, agreeing corrective action with auditees and monitoring close out of findings, to support the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Integrated Management System.
- Provide analysis of audit finding with the view to identification of trends to allow management to develop and prioritise improvement initiatives
- Successfully completed lead auditor course (5 day) for ISO 9001; IRCA Registered lead auditor or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in the implementation and on-going development of management systems, based on recognised standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or BS OHSAS 18001
- Effective communication skills including report writing.
- Ability to work with staff across all levels of the project.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.