2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 35473
Skillset: Commercial Management
Closing Date: 24/05/2018
As a Commercial Administrator/Analyst at HS2 you will provide administrative support and data analytics to contract administration teams who manage a series of transactional communications around scope, estimates, programme and deliverables. The interactions between the client and contractor teams are documented and administered using IT database and workflow systems that link with document management and contract administration.
About the role:
- Maintain and provide updates on the contract management system activities/actions and ensure accurate communication of requirements arising from these to the HS2 and Contractor commercial teams.
- Effectively translate the system outputs into forms and reports that are readily understood and that drive good collaborative and effective contract management behaviours.
- Provide guidance and advice to inform continuous improvement on systems and, in time, lead training and refresher training on systems.
- Report monthly and other frequency performance statistics and develop informative reporting templates to inform team performance.
- Administration and Organisational Skills – including databases and document control processes
- Ability to produce and manipulate a range of forecasting and numerical analysis tools including spreadsheets, pivot tables and databases.
- Analysis skills – including compiling, assessing and analysing business information and data reports to identify key issues.
- Excel spreadsheets, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Communication Skills – including liaising with managers, teams and individuals across the organisation
- Knowledge of contract control systems like CEMAR or document management workflows,
- Knowledge of Contract account management,
- Knowledge of NEC contract forms.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience in assessing and analysing business information and reports to identify key issues.
- Experience of contract management and contract administration in large multi-disciplinary teams.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.