Corporate Procurement Manager
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 35470
Skillset: Procurement & Supply Chain / Purchasing
Closing Date: 26/04/2018
As a Procurement Manager at HS2 you will be responsible for managing the procurement of all goods and services required to support the delivery of HS2 Ltd’s remit, along with co-ordinating procurement resources engaged in response to programme needs. You will be responsible for implementing procurement procedures in keeping with HS2’s procurement policy and you will advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments.
About the role:
- Implements procurement procedures in keeping with HS2 Ltd’s procurement policy and ensures adherence by business units
- Advises HS2 Ltd on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes
- Supports development of appropriate procurement strategies that support value for money objectives
- Develops and maintains a plan of all procurement activity to meet business needs and advises on resource needs and options
- Co-ordinates production of invitation to tender documents, instructions, evaluation plans and reports
- Ensures that business managers have obtained procurement authorities in accordance with HS2 Ltd’s delegated authorities
- Acts as the principal conduit for formal communication with external companies during the procurement process
- Ensures a robust audit trail is put in place for all procurements
- Ensures continuous improvement in the procurement processes and procedures
- Facilitates development of HS2 Ltd’s relationship with existing and potential suppliers as well as with central government and other rail industry procurement bodies
- Skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents
- Excellent knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies and ability to assess relevancy and defend applicability
- Background in procuring services through different routes depending on value including use of OJEU processes and government frameworks
- Experience of procurement in planning stage of UK publically funded infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of different forms of contract and risk allocation;
- Good appreciation of supply market for technical services;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or actively working towards);
- Understanding and experience of cultivating strong relationships with existing and potential suppliers to HS2 Ltd;
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments;
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.