Business Engagement Manager
1 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3DX
Job Reference: 35028
Skillset: Communications & Public Relations
Closing Date: 25.2.18
As a Business Engagement Manager at HS2 you will design and lead the planning and delivery of HS2 business support engagement activities. Manage, deliver and evaluate engagement activities, including all related communication materials and relationships with key stakeholders, businesses and communities. Ensure the project is proactively interacting with the businesses affected by the HS2 programme.
About the role:
- To act as the front face of the organisation, developing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders such as, Local Authorities, MPs, business groups and individuals within communities that may be impacted by the HS2 programme
- To provide clear and concise briefings, reports, analysis, advice and support on complex issues for the Head and Director of Community Engagement and other internal HS2 teams
- To develop and maintain an overview of the businesses along the route, identifying their key issues, and with accountability for responding efficiently to enquiries and complaints
- To develop effective working relationships with contractors’ ensuring they understand HS2’s commitments, behaviour expectations, and metrics by which they will be measured
- To work closely with the Helpdesk, providing regular updates on construction works taking place across the route and face to face briefings on sensitive issues.
- To participate in the overall development and communication of HS2’s Community Engagement Strategy and Business Support Strategy
- To work as part of the on-call engagement team during out of office hours including deputising for the senior engagement officer where required
- Robust under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines in dynamic, fast-moving organisation
- Verbal communications, networking and ambassadorial skills
- Influencing, negotiation and listening skills
- Written communications, verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage competing stakeholder priorities
- Knowledge of various communication channels to achieve two-way communication with communities
- Knowledge of budget management processes
- Knowledge of regulations & legal considerations concerning public consultation and engagement
- Knowledge and experience of engaging with business networks and/or trade bodies.
- Experience of delivering effective community engagement initiatives
- Experience of working with diverse communities
- Experience of managing public events and communications
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
Role can be based in Birmingham or London