Assistant Commitments Adviser
Sanctuary Buildings (5th Floor), 20 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT
Job Reference: 35023
Skillset: Information Technology, Systems & Governance
Closing Date: 27/02/2018
As an Assistant Commitments Adviser at HS2 you will support the Commitments Manager with the recording of all commitments made by HS2, and the DfT, on behalf of the Secretary of State. You will assist with the publication of these commitments in the Register of Undertakings & Assurances at key stages during the passage of the Bill through Parliament, and in the final version which forms part of the Act of Parliament following Royal Assent. You will assist in the collation of contextual information for these commitments in order to inform the wider business and future contractors, and support the assessment of compliance evidence.
About the role:
- Assist in recording all commitments on the Register of Undertakings and Assurances
- Collate all supporting and contextual information required by the Construction Team and future contractors in order to fully understand and comply with the commitments
- Support the development of the systems needed by the requirements and construction teams, to record, report, manage and track compliance with undertakings and assurances via DOORs
- Support the process to review and assure the accurate recording of undertakings and assurances via multidisciplinary workshops pre and post each publication of the Register
- Provide administrative support on all tasks relating to the recording of undertakings and assurances including taking minutes and assisting in the use of any systems needed to record, report, manage and track compliance with undertakings and assurances
- Provide advice to the wider business on undertakings and assurances in a Hybrid Bill and Construction context
- Assist the Commitments Manager with the assurance of draft undertakings and assurances through the internal governance process and providing dashboard reports where required
- Liaise with Learning & Development to schedule compulsory training sessions and assists in the provision of this training
- Support the Commitments and Systems Team and the Parliamentary Team as required
- Organisational and planning skills, including – delivering to multiple deadlines
- Analytical skills – able to compile documentation from various sources and extract the relevant information
- Prioritisation Skills – including being able to manage competing priorities
- Ability to maintain reports - for example regular progress reporting through dashboards
- IT skills (e.g. Microsoft suite, particularly MS Excel and Word), document control (e.g. eB), and IBM Rational DOORs (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System)
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.