Finance Business Partner
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 35011
Skillset: Finance, Accounting & Audit
Closing Date: 27/02/2018
As a Finance Business Partner at HS2 you will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to directorates to ensure the organisation achieves financial targets and delivers value for money within the budgets set by the comprehensive spending review.
About the role:
- Produce monthly and periodic finance reports and analysis for stakeholders in order to monitor and control spending within agree targets.
- Undertaking the annual business planning process to establish directorates’ annual budgets are in line with planned programme delivery and ensure within the limits of the comprehensive spending review.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reviews with budget holders, challenging budget holders and directors on variances and forecasts, ensuring significant variances are reported with recommended action.
- Carry out financial analyses and business case evaluation in order to assist Directors in controlling budgets, ensuring value for money and adopting alternative financial strategies.
- Provide advice and guidance on financial software systems and government finance procedures so that budget holders have requisite knowledge to use financial ERP system and work within policy.
- Carry out periodic reviews of directorate’s forecast programme lifetime indirect costs expenditure, ensuring plans are affordable within the overall HS2 Ltd funding envelope.
- Qualified (Management) Accountant
- Experience of preparing financial reports
- Practiced in the development of budget setting and providing on-going challenge and review.
- Experience of various accounting systems and utilising complex spreadsheets to provide value adding MI
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex financial issues to non-financial colleagues
- Previous experience of working in Finance Business Partner role
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.