Customer Experience Lead - 12 months Maternity Cover
1 Canada Square , Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB
Job Reference: 34916
Location: London Canary Wharf
Skillset: Railway Operations
Closing Date: 25/02/18
As a Customer Experience Lead (12 months Maternity cover) in the Railway Operations team you will champion and lead the development and curation of targeted areas of HS2’s customer experience vision and the conceptualisation for the service delivery phase of HS2 on behalf of the Proxy Operator. In particular, your work will focus on projects associated with Rolling stock, Stations and Infrastructure.
In Railway Operations our job is to act in the interests of future passengers and operators. Our main roles are to buy the trains, develop the customer requirements at stations, develop an infrastructure management regime and create the proxy operator capability and organisation for the entry into revenue service.
This is the ideal opportunity for a specialist in service delivery to join a dynamic team and make an impact on what the future of customer experience has to be.
About the role:
- Support the customer experience team in establishing insights aimed at developing HS2’s future customer experience vision.
- Develop and prototype future customer experience concepts employing creative techniques to test, evaluate and assure concepts in the really world.
- Supporting the development of specific areas of the future customer experience vision which feeds information in to service prospectus setting out the HS2 service offer.
- As an ambassador and guardian of customer experience, communicate widely our vision, in a language and with content that is tailored for specific audiences that inspires.
- Championing the ‘People’ perspective in every way – from a future customer, staff point of view.
- Build robust and collaborative relationships internally and with external consultants to deliver focussed pieces of insight work which feeds future customer experience strategic projects.
- Using insights to define and develop clear future customer experience deliverables in order to build a platform on which supports a sustainable business.
- Support the design, procurement and delivery of work packages that contribute to the development of concepts focussed on products, services, brand and people.
- Creative back ground - previous experience of working for or working collaboratively with a creative agencies specialising in customer experience and service design.
- Knowledge and experience in customer experience service design (physical and/or digital) and delivery strategy implementation.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understand of how to use service design techniques to define and develop future customer experience concepts.
- Experience in implementation of operational policies, plans and procedures including associated assurance processes.
- Project management experience - chair meetings, identifying key milestones, reporting progress to key stake holders, point of contact for internal procurement team.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.