Sanctuary Buildings (5th Floor), 20 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT
Job Reference: 34851
Closing Date: 28/02/2018
As a GIS Analyst at HS2 you will project manage and deliver GIS analysis and products involving all aspects of mapping, analysis and data management required to support the delivery of the Phase 2 Hybrid Bill HS2 BIM strategy.
About the role:
- Apply advanced GIS skills, principles and knowledge to undertake and coordinate complex GIS analysis and development, including web/mobile solutions, cartographic map outputs, data conversions/editing/capture, automated workflows and spatial database management in order to support programme needs e.g. Public Consultations, Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial Briefings and Safeguarding.
- Coordinate staff from consultant's and report on their performance and delivery of GIS products; ensure deliverables are in line with HS2 standards, project scope, requirements and the HS2 BIM strategy.
- Take responsibility for GIS team tasks; ensure successful delivery within timescale, budget and quality in line with HS2 and industry standards; coordinate staff from other functions in H52 where required.
- Develop, review and assure HS2 GIS standards and specifications are adhered to through implementing and managing effective quality assurance and contractual processes in support of the HS2 BIM strategy to ensure a consistent and controlled version of approved spatial information is maintained, shared and managed throughout the HS2 programme.
- Promote the uptake of GIS and BIM technologies, provide training, and deliver presentations to both internal and external audiences.
- Minimum of degree (or equivalent) in a relevant GIS subject or similar.
- Project management experience/qualification e.g. PRINCE?, AGILE.
- Strong cartographic/data management skills.
- Proven expertise in the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise stack and spatial analytical tools.
- Knowledge of CAD data structure format and engineering design data.
- Knowledge of information management processes and best practice.
- Knowledge of web and mobile GIS solutions.
- Understanding of BIM and how GIS integrates and delivers BIM requirements.
- Ability to engage and influence across the organisation effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.