CAD Data Coordinator South
The Podium, 1 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 2DN
Job Reference: 34799
Location: London Euston Skillset: BIM/GIS/CAD
Closing Date: 29/05/2018
As a CAD Data Coordinator at HS2 you will be working within the Phase 1 Directorate, and reporting to the Information Manager for Area South, this role will support HS2’s BIM information management, data analysis and all related delivery activities
About the role:
- Support Information Managers as the point of contact for technical CAD information management activities, including review of detailed CAD technical documentation such as BEP, MIDP and MPDT, ensuring they meet HS2 strategic objectives and technical requirements.
- Ensuring HS2 CAD processes, standards and procedures are adhered to by the Supply Chain.
- Assisting the Phase 1 Directorate project managers and engineers in the management and use of CAD information deliverables and objectives.
- Responsible for raising awareness, education and training of project managers and engineers in CAD process and tools. Advise project managers and engineers on available CAD data products and HS2 tools, best practice and how limitations may impact upon their use;
- Identify areas for improvement and feedback into the CAD standards development and operational delivery processes including promoting digital transformation in all areas where efficiency can be gained
- Provide CAD solutions to HS2 challenges, streamline processes and support assurance
- Assist with the repurpose of graphical information for output and other functional uses within HS2 including performing spatial data transformations and translations between CAD and GIS formats and uses such as programme, cost and operation for analysis and simulation
- Assist the wider HS2 Technical BIM team with the convergence, integration and evolution of BIM, GIS and asset standards, methods and tools
- Assist the wider HS2 Technical BIM team with raising awareness of HS2’s BIM strategic goals and related methodology within HS2, its supply chain and external stakeholders
- Use of BIM/CAD management tools, such as but not limited to ProjectWise, Bentley AeCoSIM or Autodesk Revit for the management and assurance of CAD information;
- Communication skills – including providing responses to technical CAD questions, requests for information; and communicating technical information to non-technical staff
- Deliver training sessions for HS2;
- Stakeholder management skills – including developing relationships through regular CAD delivery meetings, with HS2 colleagues especially Project Managers, Engineers and Technical Assurance; and Hs2 suppliers
- Manage a varied high volume of demands responding to Contractors queries, formal submissions, plus HS2 Project Manager and Engineer queries on CAD issues;
- Apply project management and governance principles to delivery, especially in managing dependencies between deliverables often from different Suppliers;
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
- HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.