Sanctuary Buildings (5th Floor), 20 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT
Job Reference: 34314
Location: London Westminster
Skillset: Communications & Public Relations
Closing Date: 21/12/17
As a Commitments Manager at HS2 you will manage the recording of all Commitments (Undertakings & Assurances) made by HS2, and DfT, on behalf of the Secretary of State. Manage the publication of the Register and assist in the coordination of legal resources, working closely with Counsel, DfT and Parliamentary Agents.
About the role:
- Manage the process for recording all commitments on the Register of Undertakings and Assurances
- Manage the collation of all supporting and contextual information required by the Construction Team and future contractors in order to fully understand and comply with the commitments
- Lead in the development of the Register of Undertakings and Assurances to meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Oversee the specification of any systems needed by the requirements team, to record, report, manage and track compliance with undertakings and assurances via DOORs
- Lead on the assurance of draft undertakings and assurances through the internal governance process and providing dashboard reports where required
- Review and assure the accurate recording of undertakings and assurances via multidisciplinary workshops pre and post each publication of the Register
- Act as the deputy single point of contact for the Hybrid Bill directorate for all legal resource management activities
- Liaise with the Senior Commitments and Bill Systems Manager, DfT and HS2 Communications department to ensure the timely and accurate publication of the Register of Undertakings and Assurances
- Liaise with DfT to ensure the effective management of the budget for legal resources
- Line manage the Undertakings and Assurances Administrator
- Organisational and planning skills, including – delivering to multiple deadlines Prioritisation Skills – including being able to manage competing priorities.
- Communication skills - including the ability to draft succinctly and informatively enabling decision making within agreed governance structures
- Ability to maintain reports - for example regular progress reporting through dashboards
- Organisational and prioritisation skills, able to ensure progress is maintained within project timelines
- Project management skills -to coordinate the multiple disciplinary inputs required to create Bill documents and deliver to time, cost and quality requirements
- IT skills (e.g. Microsoft suite, particularly MS Excel and Word), document control (e.g. eB), and IBM Rational DOORs (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System)
- Ability to consistently produce accurate work
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures required to successfully publish a Register of Undertakings and Assurances as part of the Bill documents
- Knowledge of how to manage legal resources in order to successfully deliver the undertakings and assurances required as part of the Bill process
- Knowledge as to how to manage the recording of undertakings and assurances in a manageable format for issue of the commitments requirements specification for contractors
- Understanding the process of managing a Bill through Parliament
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.