Document Controller - London
1 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3DX
Job Reference: 34264
Skillset: Project Controls – Planning, Cost, Change, Risk
Closing Date: 31/12/2017
As a Document Controller at HS2 you will have the main responsibility to file, archive and retrieve all project records of your designated team using the HS2 electronic data management systems.
About the role:
- Maintain entries in the EDMS, scan, file, and archive project documents in accordance with HS2 document management controls, standards, processes and procedures to ensure documents can be retrieved efficiently.
- Ensure that meta data and information in the company EDMS is correct, complete and up-to-date.
- Advising departments on how to manage document lifecycles to ensure that there is a clear audit trail of how documents are approved.
- Retrieve project records and files from the archives and the EDMS to meet any business needs for information promptly and accurately whilst taking care to keep certain information confidential.
- Check the quality of how deliverables have been submitted.
- Provide reports and management information in response to requests from the business for information.
- Supporting and guiding the business with the implementation of document management within their teams.
- Processing document control e-mail inbox requests and tasks within agreed timescales.
- Train both staff and tier one contractors in the use of the EDMS, this will include formal class room training, team support mentoring and individual training
- Knowledge and experience with document management standards, processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of EDMS computer programs for records tracking, archival retention and storage.
- Expertise of documentation processes within an engineering and construction environment and a knowledge of a typical project life.
- Working knowledge of bulk scanning, scanning systems and PDF functionality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient team player, with ability to manage conflicting priorities through initiative and resilience.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.