2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 34228
Location: Birmingham with occasional travel to London locations
Skillset: Commercial Management
Closing Date: 25/05/18
As a Commercial Manager at HS2 you will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Lead to ensure that the Land and Property supply chain delivers value for money; lead on the collation of contract requirements, development of business cases, sponsorship of procurement exercises and performance management of suppliers on behalf of the directorate.
About the role:
- Ensure that suppliers are delivering in line with their contractual commitments
- Monitor the performance of the Land and Property supply chain by developing and implementing metrics and Key Performance Indicators; benchmark performance across multiple contracts delivering the same outcomes
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers, to understand and address time cost and quality risks
- Manage the relationship with suppliers to share best practice and ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure Land and Property colleagues are complying with governance and contractual parameters when commissioning and managing delivery from the supply chain
- Identify requirements for contracted services and work with the wider team to develop business cases in support of the most appropriate procurement approach
- Work with Finance and Procurement colleagues to manage forecasting and cost control; ensuring costs are controlled within budgets and contract limits
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports for the senior management team on supplier performance and cost
- Undertake assurance activities to provide confidence that HS2 is receiving value for money from the supply chain
- Support periodic directorate forecasting, budgeting and business planning exercises.
- Able to compile contract and commercial documents; drafting of specifications and task orders
- Ability to communicate the relationships between cost, risk, schedule, and benefits in the form of a business case
- Able to produce reports and articulate solutions to risks and issues that have been identified
- Knowledge of procurement and commercial management
- Experience of public sector procurement and commercial management
- Experience of designing and managing KPIs.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.