Cost Manager Land and Property
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 34226
Skillset: Programme, Project Management and PMO
Closing Date: 28th January 2018
As a Cost Manager at HS2 you will support the Senior Cost Manager in estimating, forecasting and monitoring actual spend in relation to property acquisitions, compensation schemes and other areas of the Land and Property budget.
About the role:
- Provide point of contact for all cost reporting and cost intelligence
- Work closely with the Senior Cost Manager to maintain cost models to ensure accurate reporting, benchmarking and analysis of land and property costs
- Work closely with the scheduling team to ensure integration and alignment of property cost models and schedules
- Manage estimating and cost planning activities, to include taking ownership of routine cost reporting and cost variance analyses
- Ensure that Property Cost Estimate (PCE) variances and change control processes are managed effectively to achieve delivery of the Land and Property cost baseline
- Ensure that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively, providing appropriate controls and governance around budgets
- Develop the costing for property acquisition notices, and track the maturity of claims against notices
- Take a lead role in interfacing with Land and Property teams and where appropriate the supply chain, to establish robust cost controls and reporting.
- IT skills particularly in MS Excel or equivalent
- Ability to prepare, review and update project budgets
- Ability to check cost data for accuracy and integrity
- Ability to assimilate and convert data into meaningful management reports
- Able to analytically review areas of concern and liaise with project managers and senior management to address
- Able to develop and deliver weekly, monthly and ad-hoc management reports that are timely, accurate and actionable
- Ability to assess financial risks and contribute to the risk register as appropriate
- Communication skills; specifically the ability to present cost work concisely.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.