Data and Systems Lead 12 month FTC
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 34212
Skillset: Programme, Project Management and PMO
Closing Date: 28th January 2018
12 month fixed term contract
As a Data and Systems Lead at HS2 you will define and own the data model for Land and Property and provide a systems landscape, in collaboration with IT, to support the directorate’s work. They will be responsible for data management and governance across Land and Property and sponsor procurement and ongoing support of systems.
About the role:
- Leading a team of direct reports to deliver a high quality data management service and systems provision across the directorate
- Ensuring that Land and Property has a comprehensive data model which is then used to drive system requirements
- Owning the strategy for systems provision across Land and Property; identifying where requirements can be rationalised and interfaces managed in the most effective way
- Accountable for data governance across Land and Property datasets and systems; ensuring that regimes are in place to maintain data quality and integrity and that access to data is in compliance with legislation and corporate policy
- Owning the delivery plan for Land and Property systems and data, and managing delivery of the products and services on this plan; reporting progress, risks and issues to the senior management team on a regular basis
- Responsible for managing the relationship between Land and Property, IT and procurement; ensuing that delivery of systems projects is effectively funded and resourced
- Ensuring that business change and ongoing use of systems is managed effectively through training, communications planning and a support service offering
- Ensuring that critical business processes are mapped and modified when required, and are used to provide a framework for data uploads, transformation and exchange.
- Team management skills including leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality requirements
- Stakeholder management skills including internal, external and third party stakeholders
- Project management skills including the ability to balance competing priorities
- Innovative and critical thinking skills to enable resolution of systems and data issues
- Ability to define data management frameworks and processes
- Ability to determine requirements and system needs at a strategic level.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.