Corporate Contract Management Lead
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 34163
Skillset: Commercial Management
Closing Date: 25/06/2018
As a Corporate Contract Management Lead at HS2 you will provide strategic direction and be accountable for the Corporate Contract Management team and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the HS2 Commercial directorate. The Corporate Contact Management Lead must deliver significant benefits to HS2 through the proactive management of around 200 contracts whilst mitigating the associated supply chain risks, driving value for money and embedding a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
About the role:
- Develop and lead a team to deliver effective contract management across the corporate portfolio driving value for money
- Manage the required change within the team to progress from ‘bronze’ to then ‘silver’ and ‘gold’ service offerings by the end of 2018/19 subject to demonstration of value for money.
- Ensure the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all contract management documentation to agreed timelines adopting a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Lead the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives creating a culture of innovation and efficiency to enhance levels of service, minimise costs, ensure compliance and safeguard the organisation from contractual and commercial risk.
- Ensure adherence to the allocated budget for delivering Corporate Contract Management within HS2.
- To act as a Subject Matter Expert in relation to Contract Management best practice.
- Lead the development of positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness of the criticality of effective Contract Management and how this supports achievement of the organisations key objectives and core values.
- To support the HS2 business planning process and provide a robust audit trail in relation to all resources requested to provide Contract Management across the corporate portfolio.
- To contribute fully to the commercial governance of HS2 developing, reviewing and presenting proposed business cases as required and exercising delegated approval authorities in accordance with HS2 policies.
- Ensure there are effective processes and procedures for the identification, assessment and mitigation of commercial risk both within the Corporate Contract Management community and across the corporate supply chain.
- Support the Procurement Operations Director in the development of the wider Procurement Operations Team
- Experience of contract management across a diverse portfolio driving performance and value for money to a public sector organisation.
- Experience of leading teams, managing/coaching staff in their career development and ability to drive excellence in staff and suppliers.
- Member of CIPS, International Association for Contract and Commercial Management or equivalent.
- Experience in the development and implementation of contract segmentation and the definition of resulting action plans.
- Experience of developing and implementing contract management processes including good practice guidelines, templates etc.
- Ability to establish and clearly communicate a Contract Management strategy consistent with the values and key objectives of HS2.
- Ability to continually develop and refresh delivery model to enhance service delivery and cost effectiveness of the Contract Management function.
- The ability to manage multiple contract management work streams simultaneously and effectively.
- Effective report writing and reviewing, presenting, commercial analysis and influencing skills.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.