Corporate Finance Manager
1 Canada Square , Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB
Job Reference: 34064
Location: London Canary Wharf
Skillset: Finance, Accounting & Audit
Closing Date: 27/05/2018
As a Corporate Finance Manager at HS2 you will provide support on funding related matters within HS2 Ltd and to key stakeholders, leading on aspects of the advice such as inflation, foreign exchange and business case support, supporting the Head of Corporate Finance and Funding Senior Manager in other areas such as development of Financial Annex to the HS2 Development Agreement, and working closely with the Department for Transport (DfT) Funding and Sponsor teams, HM Treasury, and internal project and analysis teams.
About the role:
- Lead the development of the HS2 Ltd’s positions on inflation and foreign exchange, managing the company’s relationship with the its Independent Inflation Expert, developing positions for the funding arrangements, and coordinating the source and use of inflation data across the company
- Lead on the development of position papers for the HS2 funding arrangements as set out in the Financial Annex to the HS2 Development Agreement such as inflation, flexibilities and contingencies
- Provide business case support to other teams in the HS2 Ltd, including the development of the financial cases and the management of external advisors in assurance roles
- Develop and maintain the HS2 Funding Model:
- Specify, develop, populate and assure a financial model suitable for supporting HS2 programme wide funding bids at Spending Reviews and other fiscal events
- Commission, review and input relevant data, upload Baseline, cost estimate and risk data, run scenarios, monitor spend, making sure model is and remains fit for purpose
- Provide advice on affordability of HS2 programme, as measured against funding settlements
- Key contact for expert advice on HS2 funding – answering ad-hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Manage alignment of Funding Model with other relevant internal models
- Work closely with the DfT and Finance Operations to clarify reporting requirements for model outputs
- Support the funding flexibilities process as agreed at SR15 – providing analysis and evidence for use of flexibilities and wider analysis of Phase and programme impacts.
- Act as key point of contact for assurance – including affordability assurance required for Phase Baselines.
- Development of a close working relationship with the Funding and Finance, and Commercial team at DfT, to achieve a joint vision for and joint ownership of the funding process
- Provide financial modelling support for the Corporate Finance team – ranging from affordability support to commercial modelling as required
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA), or equivalent
- Effective presentational skills, able to present and explain complex arguments and positions clearly
- Excellent modelling skills:
- Ability to interpret and present complex financial information
- Highly developed Excel skills. To include experience of using Pivot Tables and Macros.
- Knowledge of finance systems and analysis packages e.g. Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Hyperion, PRISM would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of government budgeting concepts/processes and business cases would be an advantage
- Wider knowledge of economics and macro-economic trends and their impact of HS2
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.