Project Finance Business Partner
1 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3DX
Job Reference: 33991
Skillset: Finance & Commercial Services
Closing Date: 19/11/2017
As a Project Finance Business Partner at HS2 you will provide both assurance and challenge to the Area Delivery Managers, and their team, in relation to the financial elements of their project plan, value for money and corporate governance.
About the role:
- Corporate Governance/ Managing Public Money, provides guidance on the application of governance within area
- IFRS Accounting / National Audit Office (NAO), Provides input to development of policies and Enterprise reporting and planning development
- Financial Reporting/ Month/ Year end, Oversee the month end financial accounts close, prepare the accounts and plan for year-end audit
- Funding/Cash Flow, review and challenge emerging forecasts and monitor against Spending Review (SR) funding
- Business Planning/Forecast, leads business planning and forecasting process, providing guidance on planning principles and expectations as provided by HS2 business planning
- Budget Management,
- Workforce Costs & Indirects, provide workforce actual costs and forecast information to inform programme cost estimates
- Land & Property (L&P), Works with L&P and Sector teams to determine most effective use of budget (L&P and Programme) understanding the consequence on schedule / spend profiles.
- Ability to interpret project information and determine appropriate IFRS accounting treatment.
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets to analyse large and complex data sets and provide useful management information.
- CCAB qualified accountant.
- Knowledge of SAP / Oracle accounting systems or other similar ERP systems
- Ability to work as part of a project team
- Experience in business planning, forecasting experience within a project environment.
- Area Budget Management c£300m-£500m per annum.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.