Project Controls Manager - Birmingham
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 33641
Skillset: Project Controls – Planning, Cost, Change, Risk
Closing date: 19/11/2017
As a Project Controls Manager at HS2 you will support the evaluation of project time, cost and quality targets for a specific area of the HS2 Programme, and maintain the communication and monitoring of project governance controls in order to enable the successful delivery of HS2. This vacancy is in the Non-Infrastructure team.
About the role:
- Support the establishment of Contractor Requirements through early supply chain engagement to support the time, cost and quality targets for the programme of works and monthly business reporting
- Work closely with the Head of Project Controls to improve/sustain operating policies to mitigate risk throughout the project, and take a lead in the monitoring of risk policy adherence.
- Support the Head of Project Controls by providing specialist advice and technical knowledge to respond to project delays, issues and other challenges throughout the project.
- Lead periodic correlation of schedule, cost, quality and risk to drive expedient programme delivery.
- Lead the coordination and communication of the Period reporting cycle ensuring correlation to the Phase 1 executive reporting life cycle.
- Lead Business Reporting taking ownership for its quality and robustness. Provide periodic project progress updates to the Head of Project Controls and other stakeholders where required
- Sustain governance processes and review policies in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives. Communicate and engage with project teams to drive governance to the lowest levels within the organisation.
- Lead a team by setting individual objectives, reviewing performance/appraisals and providing on-going feedback on a formal & informal basis so that all staff are aware of what they are required to achieve and how they are performing against their objectives.
- Qualified project manager, or similar professional qualification, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management within large scale infrastructure or construction projects;
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial elements within large, complex projects, and a track record of achievement in complex projects;
- Effective communication skills to engage, promote and influence across a large range of stakeholders including the Executive, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Track record of leading a team of project controls professionals in a demanding major programme.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.