2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 33268
Skillset: Finance, Accounting & Audit
Closing Date: 29th October 2017
As an Accounts Assistant at HS2 you will oversee the processing of all incoming invoices from external suppliers and for professional fees incurred by claimants who are affected by the HS2 scheme.
About the role:
- Complete financial tasks such as invoice processing and payment, supplier statement reconciliation, following up supplier queries and maintaining the invoice filing system
- Assist in the production of monthly reports on payment activity to meet transparency reporting obligations
- Provide customer-oriented support and guidance to suppliers and internal customers
- Support the Finance Business Partners and Financial Accountants with Accounts Receivable processing.
- You will bring effective communication skills as liaison with all members of the Land and Property Team is required to ensure invoices are processed accurately and on time
- A good working knowledge of spreadsheets is desirable and an ability to follow process and develop process where necessary to drive efficient workflows is essential
- Experience of providing advice and guidance on payment processing to staff across all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge of accountancy principles related to payments and liabilities
- Awareness of the importance of maintaining sound financial controls and procedures and use of delegated authority
- A strong customer service ethic with good written and spoken communication skills.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.