2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 33141
Location: Birmingham with regular travel to London locations
Skillset: Data Analysis
Closing Date: 10 October 2017
As a Business Analyst at HS2 you will provide administrative support to Phase One Directorate and Business Manager, including detailed and accurate information provision, record keeping, maintenance of data, collation and circulation of materials prior to meetings.
About the role:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Accurate maintenance of organisation charts, job descriptions and any other process deemed appropriate within the Phase One remit.
- Support the development of local process maps to maintain and promote the operating model
- Undertake analysis of workforce and finance data to ensure clear baseline
- Maintain, update and communicate process changes to the workforce owners and relevant stakeholders.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Workforce Planning Experience
- Analytical skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Data entry skills
- Strong technical skills to produce and manipulate a range of forecasting and numerical analysis tools including spreadsheets, pivot tables and databases
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.