2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 32941
Skillset: Procurement & Supply Chain / Purchasing
Closing Date: 24/09/2017
As a Compliance Manager at HS2 you will provide support to the Senior Compliance Manager and the wider Commercial Governance & Assurance Team to assist them to carry out their duties effectively and to meet all obligations with internal and external stakeholders of the HS2 programme.
About the role:
The Compliance Manager will assist with the implementation and management of measures and review processes to protect HS2 Limited and the commercial programme from non-compliance from Procurement regulations and commercial policies and procedures; inconsistencies of approach to the market, conflicts of interest. This includes:
- Liaising closely with internal stakeholders in the development and implementation of processes, procedures and policies on pre-procurement activity which enables the organisation to make effective, evidence based “go/no go” decisions related to procurement and contract management activity.
- Undertaking consistency checking for compliance with agreed standards and alignment with key strategies.
- Ensure that all procurement documentation is complete, consistent across all procurements, follows the relevant policies and procedures.
- Managing and undertaking compliance monitoring as necessary, making recommendations for improvement/training/escalation as appropriate.
- The delivery of a programme of conflicts of interest awareness education; roll-out of induction and ongoing education requirements to all HS2 permanent and interim staff and contractors.
- The implementation and management of a declaration of interest programme.
- Where requested, acting as Secretary for the HS2 Conflicts of Interest Panel and as point of contact for the reporting, registering and monitoring of all potential/actual conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality and events.
- The implementation and ongoing maintenance of HS2’s Conflicts of Interest related policies.
- Providing written and verbal reports to the Commercial Governance & Assurance Lead and Senior Compliance Manager as required.
- Understanding and experience of managing business, commercial, reputational issues associated with commercial processes along with relevant ethical issues.
- Experience of working in an environment where quality and consistency of documentation has been a business priority.
- Experience of implementing organisation wide procurement policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively at senior leadership level, providing recommendations.
- Experience of working within the procurement function of a regulated industry.
- Effective report writing and presenting skills.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.