Community Engagement Manager - Route Wide - Land and Property
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 32909
Skillset: Communications & Public Relations
Closing Date: 17.12.17
As a Community Engagement Manager (Route Wide) at HS2 you will have the opportunity to set the tone of our communications across the line of route. You will be responsible for delivering the tools we need to ensure our communities and affected parties receive clear, consistent messages on how we engage.
About the role:
- To understand and support land and property related communications which will be received by directly affected parties
- To influence line of route engagement by developing clear, easy to understand communications tools
- Work closely with a wide range of internal departments to support the development of communication tools which will be used across the line of route
- To provide advice and support for senior members of HS2, contractors and the supply chain
- Participate in the embedding of the community engagement strategy and its principles
- Ensure plain English and accessibility needs are meet in all of HS2’s community engagement
- Experience of community engagement and property communications.
- Experience of meeting the needs of many teams with conflicting priorities
- Experience of embedding different community engagement initiatives to different stakeholder groups
- Understanding of a political and/or regulated environment /sector.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.