2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 32364
Skillset: Property & Land Surveying
Closing Date: 22nd October 2017
As an Assistant within our property team at HS2 you will be responsible for the administrative support for the Land and Property team based in Birmingham. We have both FTC and permanent positions available.
About the role:
- As a first point of contact for queries this role will be pivotal to ensure the team responds quickly to requests from landowners and property occupiers and other key stakeholders
- Provide assistance to ensure that records of land and property interests are updated and accurate
- Support and assistance with administrative tasks to ensure compliance
- Contribute to the team’s preparation for achieving and maintaining ISO9001 accreditation for quality management
- Be the local champion for internal systems and processed to help optimise efficiently
- Identify areas of interest for your own personal development.
- Ability to compile information and data and distribute to internal and external stakeholders to ensure a smooth flow of information
- IT skills including word processing and spreadsheets
- Present consistent and coherent messages to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Empathy and ability to engage with affected landowners and property occupiers on sensitive issues.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.