Diversity And Inclusion Manager - Design and Operations
Job Reference: 31523
Location: Mobile worker (must access sites along the line of route)
Skillset: Diversity & Inclusion
Closing Date: 02/06/17
As Diversity & Inclusion Manager - Design and Operations at HS2, you will be responsible for assuring appropriate levels of EDI and Inclusive Design implementation and performance at sites across the line of route.
About the role:
- Support HS2 Safe at Heart programme by conducting Equality Analysis
- Support the HS2 inclusive design strategy and guidelines by assuring inclusive design performance at site level (rolling stock & stations)
- To work at site level influencing improved approaches to EDI management
- To develop inclusive risk assessment methodology
- To develop and manage a process to measure site-level EDI maturity
- To embed EDI performance measurement within Health and Safety Processes
- To investigate level 1 & 2 incidents to identify EDI factors
- To be an ambassador for HS2 by contributing to the design and implementation HS2 Ltd’s EDI Strategy, action plans
- To support contractors to meet all EDI related contract requirements
- Experience of developing and implementing EDI policies and initiatives
- Experience of Equality Analysis (Equality Impact Assessment)
- Experience of developing EDI measurement within Health and Safety processes
- Experience of assurance and/or performance review
- Experience of developing EDI training & guidance
- Experience of managing EDI issues at site level
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.