Cost Manager X 3
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 31388
Skillset: Property & Land Surveying
Closing Date: 28/5/17
As a Cost Manager at HS2 you will act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
About the Role:
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of monthly cost reporting and cost variance analyses
- Ensuring that Property Cost Estimate (PCE) variances and change control processes are managed effectively to control the delivery of the Land and Property cost baseline
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively to provide appropriate controls and governance to budgets and cost management
- Developing the costing for notices and tracking the maturity of claims against notices
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with Land and Property teams and where appropriate the supply chain, at all project stages where appropriate to establish robust cost controls and reporting
- Continuously apply best practice cost management processes and techniques including the application of EVM
- Ensure compliance with HS2 cost management procedures potentially utilising PRISM as a primary cost management tool
- Possess strong IT skills particularly Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to prepare, review and update project budgets
- Taking inputs from program team on cost performance and providing insightful reporting and analytics
- Developing and implementing effective supply chain metrics
- Analytically review areas of concern and liaise with project managers and senior management to address in a timely fashion
- Development and delivery of weekly, monthly and ad-hoc management reports that are timely, accurate and actionable
- Ability to assess financial risks and contribute to the risk register as appropriate
- Good communication skills with colleagues, clients, stakeholders etc. at all levels
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.