Assistant Procurement Manager
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 31011
Skillset: Procurement & Supply Chain / Purchasing
Closing Date: 31/10/2017
As an Assistant Procurement Manager at HS2 you will produce procurement strategies for specific projects and will be responsible for the delivery of corporate procurement projects from establishing the need, through to contract award and effective handover to the contract management team.
About the role:
- The APM is responsible for developing procurement strategies and plans for projects typically within £10k-£1m and on occasion in the development of strategies and plans for larger scale projects
- Manage procurements through the procurement life-cycle stages from identifying the business need to contract award drawing on internal and external resources as required
- Advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes; to ensure that all HS2 activities are comply with regulations
- Promote importance of procurement across business units and best practice through continuous improvement so that procurement processes are effective in delivering HS2’s objectives
- Manage the e-procurement solution for specific categories/projects ensuring all projects are advertised sufficiently, information is correct and meets all UK government transparency requirements and EU procurement legislation. Lead on continuous development of the tool to ensure HS2 maximises its potential
- Develop processes and review policies relevant to major professional services or indirect procurements in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives
- Participate in team meetings for procurement, provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives
- Effective analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
- Skilled in compiling tender and commercial documents
- Knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation;
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies and ability to assess relevancy and defend applicability
- Basic knowledge in procuring services through different routes depending on value including use of OJEU processes and government frameworks
- Knowledge of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or actively working towards);
- Understanding and experience of cultivating strong relationships with existing and potential suppliers to HS2 Ltd;
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all time.