Event Security Manager
2 Snow Hill, Birmingham B4 6GA
Job Reference: 30653
Skillset: Health and Safety
Closing Date: 04.06.17
As an Event Security Manager at HS2 you will provide comprehensive security support and advice to all HS2 Directorates for events, conferences, external forums and meetings and the compulsory purchase process to enable these activities to be managed safely and appropriately, and to contribute to recommendations for improving security and reducing reputational damage to the organisation.
About the role:
- Provide Physical & Personal Security advice and guidance to all events managed or attended by HS2 across all Directorates as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Event Security for HS2.
- Provide security advice and support to the Land & Property Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) process and provide Line of Defence 2 audit oversight to ensure the CPO security process is being followed and adhered too.
- Work closely with the HS2 Senior Threat & Analysis Manager (STAT) to ensure all relevant information for events is known and any risks mitigated.
- Maintain the HS2 comprehensive events register and coordinate STAT support to ensure the security threat level of every event or planned CPO activity is correctly risk assessed by the relevant Area Security Manager or Directorate.
- Support the Security Incident Response Senior Manager in coordinating Specialist Security Services (SSS) assistance to HS2 events and activities assessed as having a high likelihood of either protestor activity or any other potential security or public safety risks.
- Attend high risk security events and activities and provide SME advice to all Directorates as required.
Provide support to the HS2 Area Security Managers in regards to events and other external HS2 activities as required in their area of responsibility
- Provide advice and support to all HS2 event/engagement teams and assess and mitigate security risks at HS2 events or activities with the overall goal of protecting HS2 interests and ensuring the safety of its employees, contractors and the general public.
- Stakeholder Management: ability to deal with external security partners, such as the security industry authority, the Police and other Emergency Services.
- Event security planning and management experience.
- Crowd Management knowledge and experience.
- Physical and Personal Security knowledge and experience
- Ability in event security management within a matrix organisation on high profile events.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Practical knowledge and experience of Event Security planning, training and implementation
- Project management
- Crisis management in a commercial environment.
- Administrative, budget management and organisational skills.
- Previous experience as an event security manager for a large, complex organisation either in-house or as a contractor within the UK Security Industry.
- Experience of working within an engagement or CPO environment is an advantage but not essential.
- Working over a large geographical area in an event security role.
- Experience of protestor management and high risk events is advantageous.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.