Commercial Manager (London)
16 Upper Woburn Place, Euston, London, WC1H 0BS
Job Reference: 22326
Location: London Euston - with travel along the line of route
Skillset: Commercial Management
Closing Date: Register your interest for upcoming roles
As a Commercial Manager within the Construction Directorate at HS2 you will deliver pre and post-contract commercial management services over the whole project lifecycle - from project inception through tendering, post-contract delivery and project close out.
About the role:
- Implement effective pre and post Contract commercial management services aimed at maintaining effective budgetary control throughout the duration of the Phase 1 delivery programme.
- Undertake all relevant Commercial Management duties in conformance with the policies and Procedures and in a timely and effective manner.
- Undertake the pre contract interface with the central procurement team to ensure that there is commercial input throughout the tender process leading up to Contract award.
- Produce all relevant commercial data including Cost of Work Done (COWD) for the monthly reporting cycle and to provide cost data in support of annual budget reviews.
- Work with the project team in managing the cost impact validation of change and to encourage the whole delivery team to strive to deliver value for money.
- Provide periodic financial reports including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Costs, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and current Contract Value.
- Post Contract Management through to settlement of Final Accounts and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out as per the project budgets and project plan within agreed timescales.
- Facilitate the delivery of relevant cost and contract advice when needed and to maintain a close working relationship with all parties in the Phase 1 Contract management team throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Lead and mentor other members of staff such as Assistant Commercial Managers.
- Demonstrable track record in a Commercial Management role on complex projects from pre tender stage through to successful contract award and further Post Contract administration.
- Breadth of knowledge in the Commercial Management of projects and of implementing effective cost and commercial management processes that can be shown to have delivered value for money for the Client.
- Specific knowledge and track record of pre and post contract commercial services including those related to reporting, tendering, payment, variations, change and claims management and final account settlement.
- An understanding of the change, risk and contingency management process.
- Working knowledge of construction contract terms and conditions, preferable NEC and ICC.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.