HOW TO APPLY
Our application process is simple, but robust and effective. It gives you insight into HS2, while giving us the information we need to ensure you’re right for the role.
We advertise every vacancy, to ensure the process is fair and the most suitable person is appointed on merit.
Hints and Tips
- Check our site for appropriate roles and apply (follow the Search and Apply link above)
- If there’s nothing relevant today, register for job alerts
- Get your CV up-to-date with relevant skills, achievements and contact details
- On your CV, provide examples to support your experiences and claims
- Keep your CV to a maximum of three pages
- Towards the end of your application, you’ll be asked to complete a short questionnaire that helps us understand whether you share our values
- For some roles, you’ll be asked to complete additional online assessments
- To support our commitment to equality and diversity, we would like you to complete a confidential diversity questionnaire.
Interviews and Assessments
At interview, you’ll meet people including the hiring manager and a representative from HR.
Our interviews are designed to measure your behaviours, skills, knowledge and experience. If you’re selected for an interview, take some time to consider how your previous experience demonstrates your ability to do the job.
For example, we might ask:
- “Tell us about a time when you…”
- “Give us an example of a situation where you…”
- “What would you do to overcome challenges such as…"
It’s likely we’ll also ask you about the HS2 project, and our corporate values.
Sometimes we ask candidates to complete further assessments. This depends on the type of role, and we’ll always let you know when the interview is being arranged.